Updated on August 19, 2023
We understand that you care about how your information is used and shared. By visiting BigTrader.biz, you are accepting the below conditions. If you have any questions or concerns about the use of your personal information, please Contact Us.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The personal information that we may collect about you falls into the following categories:
Information you provide to BigTrader
If you are a representative of any Buyer or Seller:
- you will be asked to provide certain contact information that is necessary to register your account, including name, address, phone number, and email address;
- you will be asked to provide certain information necessary to verify your business or personal identity, such as state-issued ID (for example, Emirates ID) or passport information page, Trade License/Commercial Register, VAT Registration (if applicable), Power of Attorney (if applicable) and any related information about your business, such as your company name, business type, and industry;
- if you are a Seller, we will ask you to provide details about the products that you intend to sell, as well as your transactions on BigTrader;
- if you are a Seller, we will collect bank account details in order to transfer sales proceeds;
- if you are a Buyer and use the payment gateway, bank transfer, or our escrow services to pay for a transaction, we will collect certain payment information, such the bank account number, credit/debit card numbers, expiration dates, and security code;
- if you choose to use our Credit Offerings, we will collect certain Business and Financial information such as the Passport/Visa/EID of the Manager(s)/Owner(s), Trade License, Memorandum of Association, Bank Statements, Financial Statements, VAT Registration, and Returns. Additionally, we will access 3rd Party Credit Reference Data Providers, such as, but not limited to, Al Etihad Credit Bureau, selectively sharing your Business and Financial Information in the process, after obtaining your consent to do so;
- for both Buyer and Seller, we will ask you to provide information on each transaction, including the products purchased and transaction price;
- information provided to us in connection with disputes or to support complaints regarding products purchased on BigTrader;
- information you submit to BigTrader for publication (for example, Seller reviews) will be made publicly available.
Information that BigTrader collects
- We will collect details of user activities and interactions on BigTrader, delivery information, dispute and complaint records, communications between users, and any information disclosed in any discussion forum.
- We may collect information about the existing and prospective users, during or in connection with trade shows and other industry events, including representative contact name, company name, address, phone number, fax number, and email address.
- If you visit BigTrader, we will automatically collect certain personal information from your device. This information may include IP addresses, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser type, broad geographic location (country or city-level), browsing patterns, and details of how you have interacted with BigTrader and the products and services available on it. In addition, we gather statistical information about BigTrader and visitors to BigTrader including, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions, and unique visitors. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors to BigTrader, where they come from, and what content is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal purposes, to improve the quality of BigTrader. Some of this information may be collected using cookies.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity and conducting security, KYC (know your customer), and anti-money laundering due diligence and background checks in order to set up user accounts;
- verifying your eligibility to register as a BigTrader user under our General User terms & Conditions.
- setting up user accounts;
- providing users with customer service support;
- facilitating communication between Buyers and Sellers, processing transactions and settlements between Buyers and Sellers, completing fund withdrawal requests from Sellers;
- providing logistics, delivery, and warehousing services (including customs clearance)
- assessing and monitoring account security and transaction risks;
- sharing data with our partners and third parties in order to facilitate any applicable service;
- personalizing marketing and communications with you based on your browsing records and order history;
- sending BigTrader promotions via SMS, where applicable;
- performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the content and layout of BigTrader;
- identifying and developing marketing and advertising products and services that will add value to you;
- if you are a Buyer, we may share details of the last viewed products on the Platform to enable Sellers to contact you with details of products and/or services that might interest you.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes that are permitted within the applicable privacy laws.
TO WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose (or provide access to) personal information to the following:
- BigTrader’s professional advisers, government and regulatory agencies, police, and insurers, when necessary to comply with applicable laws or investigations, or to exercise, establish or defend BigTrader’s legal rights;
- An actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger, or acquisition of any part of our business;
- Other BigTrader users where necessary in connection with the facilitation of purchases and communications made between you and the other users;
- our payment gateway provider;
- our banks in which bank transfers or escrow payments are being held;
- our finance partners;
- logistics partners for providing delivery, return, and warehousing services for Buyers and Sellers;
- custom agents for customs clearances purposes;
- cloud computing service providers to provide cloud storage services;
- customer service providers to provide after-sale services;
- our business partners (for example, for them to provide you with discounts or offers that may interest you);
- marketing and advertising platforms, such as but not limited to Google, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and providers of analytics services relating to users’ behavior, in order to tailor the content you see when visiting our Platform.
- To any other person or business, with your consent to the disclosure.
We may provide aggregated or anonymized data to third parties, but when we do so, the information we share is in a de-identified format that does not personally identify you.
Protection of Our Platform and Others.
We release account and other Information when we believe such a release is appropriate to comply with the law and law enforcement investigations and to protect the rights, property, or safety of our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for various reasons, such as fraud protection and credit risk mitigation.
Note that our Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data or other information to these websites.
We retain your personal information as long as we have a legitimate business need, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES WE APPLY
It is important for you to protect yourself against unauthorized access to your password and to the devices used to access our Services. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. For example, ensure that you sign off when you have finished using a shared device.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Information transmitted to our Platform and any transmission is at your own risk.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND AMEND YOUR INFORMATION?
You are able to access a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with the Platform for the purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating your Information.
Examples of information you can access easily on the Platform include:
- up-to-date information regarding recent orders;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications, and personalized advertising preferences);
- payment settings (including credit card information); and
- e-mail notification settings.
You can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from us at any time by adjusting your customer communication preferences, through the unsubscribe link within the email communication.
If you wish us to erase your personal data from our systems, please contact us with your request, providing accurate, reliable information to identify yourself ( such that we can complete your request) and we will act accordingly, within the parameters of the applicable legislation and this Policy. Kindly bear in mind that a data erasure request will mean that you will no longer have access to some or all of the services provided by BigTrader.For marketing via your mobile application, you will need to adjust your notifications settings in the general section of your mobile.
Also, our system will place cookies when you log on to our Platform and this is to ensure you have an enjoyable user experience and are able to utilize all aspects of the Platform. You may disable Cookies by changing the settings on your browser. If you disable Cookies, it will affect how our Platform works and you may not be able to access or use certain areas of our Platform or full functionality. For example, performance cookies collect information about how you use the Site, for instance, which pages you visit most often, which allows us to provide you with targeted and relevant choices that enhance your Site experience.
We may retain a copy of your Information for compliance reasons. When you update the Information, we may retain a copy of the prior version for our records.
We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Platform frequently to see recent changes.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
BigTrader Technologies LLC
201-42, Kate Business Center,
Al Bustan Building, Al Sadd,